Greg has already opened the can of worms, and is starting to let Evan "drive" home. He first let Evan steer his was home last Saturday night on the way home from our friends' house after they watched him for the evening. Tonight we let him drive on the way home from Costco. Evan loves to turn the wheel, but also is easily distracted by all the lights outside and the lights and knobs inside. Good thing the real driving is a long way off! I also think he just likes being able to see out the front window (his carseat is still rear-facing because the new recommendation is to leave them that way until they are two), and he feels like a big kid
Wait. . . what??? Rear facing until they are TWO? I've never heard that- and am almost positive I could never do it. I have a hard enough time leaving them that way until they're one! I just had my Dallin in for his 18 mos check-up and didn't hear a thing about that. . . maybe it's a crazy Cali thing. :)
ReplyDeleteJessica, Evan's grandmas are going to murder me. You need to clarify - our friends live down our street, and I let him drive after we turned onto our street on the way home from Costco! (And we never go more than 10 mph.) Don't kill me, mothers.
ReplyDeleteGreg - good job in clarifying the circumstances! You are turning into a pretty fair mind-reader... My thoughts DID wander down a certain path including a 9 iron...... You're safe for now!! LOL!
ReplyDelete