Thursday, February 4, 2010

February 4 - Having a Ball

Okay, so I am really having problems today, and can't pick just one picture. So, you are getting four. Sorry! So, Evan got this cute ball popper toy from his Grandma L for Christmas, and for some reason cried every time we turned it on. Not sure if it was the loud music (this is one that doesn't have volume control) or the popping balls or the fact that the balls all got stuck inside the popper and he couldn't get them out. Finally in the past week or so, he has decided that he loves it. It was actually back in our bedroom out of the way since he wouldn't play with it. So, he'll crawl back to our room and play with it. He likes to grab the balls when they are balancing on top, before they pop out. Then he usually throws it instead of putting it back in. When there aren't any balls left to pop then he'll track a couple of them down and put them back in. I was trying to get him to smile, and the best way I could think of was to sing "Pat-A-Cake". This is his move for when you "toss it in the oven". Apparently they taste good, too! He puts them up to his mouth and then back in the popper.
He didn't want to put them down, so he was crawling around the house with one ball in each hand. Then he'd throw one and chase it. It was pretty entertaining watching him try to crawl, pull himself up on tables, chairs, etc. with one ball in each hand. He got pretty good at it!

1 comment:

  1. I wish you would show video of Evan's crawling with the balls. I'm sure it would be humorous. Love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete