Thursday, September 29, 2011

Scary Pajama Shirt

I was on the phone with my mom when Evan woke up. He was in a great mood, so I handed the phone to him so that he could talk with Grandma. He was sure to point out his scary shirt that you can see in the dark. 
Side note: we have started putting Evan in his pajamas for nap time, and it seems to work really well. We'll see if that keeps going or if it's just a novelty that will quickly wear off.


Audrey was having a little bit of a rough patch after nap time. Nothing was going her way. So, Evan came over and got a tissue to help out. Not sure it was very helpful, but it was cute. 


I just left Evan in his PJs for the rest of the day. He wasn't interested in changing and I wasn't interesting in fighting it. So, I got to play roll/bounce/catch with this cute boy. 


Evan played the first part of our "game" like this. He did a pretty good job of catching the ball upside down. 


This is a much easier way to play. We rolled the ball really fast and really slowly. And we bounced it. And we chased it. And we bounced it fast and bounced it slow. Bounced it high and bounced it low. And he threw it over my head. I think that was his favorite part because I would pretend to be scared and cover my face (although, I was really covering my face because he has a pretty good arm for a two year old). 


Earlier in the day, we played at the park. I meet up with some good friends and their kids at a park and of my friends leads us in a great workout. Today was a little bit of a rough start (Spiderman lunch boxes and not wanting to share Plasmacars or yoga mats or gates) for the kids, but they ended up working all the kinks out and having a great time. But, I didn't take pictures, and don't think I have gotten any during workouts yet. I'll have to do that. We love our workout group!!

Then, we rushed home to pick up Audrey and then headed to the library, hoping to make story time. We didn't, but we had fun with the other activities they have there for little ones, including a little garden. We met a cute little boy, Daniel, who was four. He asked how old Evan and Audrey were. Then they were talking about how old they would be. Audrey said she was going to be five. Evan said three (well, "pee"), but tonight he told me he was going to be ten. Someday. Someday all too soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment