Saturday, September 10, 2011

Showers and Towers

This morning we had a pretty good thunderstorm roll through. Evan did okay with the thunder until we were eating breakfast and there was a big clap of thunder and then a pretty long rolling rumble to follow. Then he was a little scared. Greg tried to alleviate his fears by talking about "thunder" and "lightning" from Cars. So now, Evan thinks that the thunder is the cars rumbling in the sky. It's pretty cute! He wanted to go outside to "see" it, but by the time they got out there, the storm had passed. It will be interesting to see what he remembers about today the next time a storm rolls through (which could be when he is twelve, since we have them so rarely).

After the excitement of the storm wore off, he moved on to building can towers. He has played in this closet since he figured out how to get into it, which was long ago. He's getting pretty good at building towers of different sized cans. Notice the smaller tomato sauce cans toward the bottom. I had to put all three of these in because I love them all for different reasons. I love that he is standing back to survey his work (maybe his first Chisum moment??).

I love this one because he is actually looking at the camera and I love that he is sucking on his bottom lip. Sorry it's a little fuzzy.

And I love, love this one because what boy can resist knocking down his towers as soon as he builds them? This one can't! And, I love that he is knocking it down with one finger. Fortunately all cans missed his toes on the way down. Note to mom: keep this boy in shoes!!

2 comments:

  1. If we come for another visit I'm sure it will rain, and rain, and.....rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May it be the first of many Chisum moments! (Collin)

    ReplyDelete