We spent a few wonderful hours at Disneyland today with Disneyland Grandma and Audrey. It was a beautiful day, and much less crowded than the parking lot would have lead me to believe. Thank goodness. The kids were wonderful, and I was having too much fun to worry about taking pictures.
Evan and Audrey were so cute together. When we rode the teacups, neither would choose a color to ride in because they wanted the other one to. Finally Evan chose purple (it's Audrey's favorite color), and both were happy! (We didn't end up riding in a purple one, but it was periwinkle, part blue and part purple, so all was well) Also, when I asked what ride Evan wanted to ride, he was sure to check with Audrey before committing to anything. They were so funny and cute together. I can only hope that this consideration and concern for others continues for many more years.
 |
| Riding the carousel - so happy that his feet can "reach" now. |
 |
| Talking to Grandma with "Mr the Hand" |
 |
| Talking to himself, I mean "Mr the Hand" |
We rode on the Storybook Land boats, and the tour guide told us that Monstro sneezed so hard his tail blew right off. Nice. The kids were a little concerned. During the ride, Audrey lifted a little door type thing on the front of the boat, and it slammed closed, and scared them both enough to leave it alone. Until we docked. Then, curiosity got the best of Evan and he went to look. I wasn't sure what it was, so didn't let him, but told him to ask our tour guide. She told him it was pixie dust, I am sure trying to appease him and seem mysterious. Backfire. Then Evan really wanted to check it out. Fortunately we were close enough to being off the boat that it wasn't too much of a fight. That tour guide gets two strikes...at least for three year olds.
Super fun day!!
Side note: Evan had his first swimming lesson today, and yes, I forgot to take pictures. Will try to remember on Wednesday.
No comments:
Post a Comment