Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Rough Day

Evan woke up with a little bit of a runny nose today, but I didn't think much of it. He had also been bugging his right ear, but since I hadn't seen any infection (thanks to tubes, there's no question when there's an ear infection). By the time I loaded them (Evan & Audrey) into the car to go to Music Makers, he was nearing meltdown mode. It didn't take me long to realize that he was in pain and that our plans for the day might be changing. I stopped in the church parking lot to see if I could maybe comfort him, just in time for him to throw up. Twice. Once in his carseat, and once on me. So, I called the doctor's office, and we were lucky enough to get an appointment ten minutes later. Evan was so upset that he actually fell asleep (passed out is probably a better description) on me in the exam room. He nearly slept through having his ears checked. Apparently his right tube has fallen out, and that ear is very infected. Poor little guy. So, after a dose of Advil, we picked up his prescription and headed home to spend a mellow and relaxing day. Just like this. So glad I have a little one that doesn't mind relaxing on occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment