Today Evan played with his "magits" or magnets. He absolutely LOVES them and plays with them often. Thus far, I have kind of been strict with them as parts can quickly get misplaced. We've had a few close calls, but thus far have kept all pieces together. Herein lies the problem of losing them - he plays with his favorites, loses them, and then melts down because he notices they are gone. Or, he can't make one of his pictures because it's missing pieces. Nothing tragic, I know. But, it can be fairly disturbing to a three-year-old. (and his mom)
My favorites though, are when he makes something on his own. Today he made 'Eva' from Wall-E. Greg keeps reminding me that her name is Eve, but Wall-E just pronounces it "EEE-VA". I know that (actually I really didn't realize that until about a week ago when we watched it for the 7th or 8th time), but am endeared to Wall-E's pronunciation, and Evan's for that matter. So, with that, I present 'Eva'.
| I took a few pictures of 'her' but Evan wanted to. And, this one is his - it turned out the best. |
These days, it seems as if we are always in a state of home improvement or repair. (which we totally expected buying an 'older' home) Evan has recently taken a liking to plugging his ears. He often does it when the drill is on or daddy is hammering, which is the case in this photo. He also responds to loud sounds with "Daddy, that's terrible." Not sure where terrible came from but it's super fun! The other thing he plugs his ears for is himself. Yep, he loves to be super loud with his fingers in his ears. He has actually startled me a couple of times, but I'm catching on. Slowly.
The other day we were driving in the car and a little voice behind me said, "windows down, please." Since it was so kindly requested, I obliged. Then all of a sudden that sweet voice yelled. Just an "aaaagh" or something like that. And then, he sweetly said, "I'm yelling outside." He had turned toward the open window and yelled "outside". Seriously? I couldn't keep from laughing. He joined in, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment