Sunday, June 24, 2012

New Shoes


Evan got new shoes - and he picked them all by himself. Well, technically not all by himself, since I took him to the mall and bought them for him. But, I stood him in front of the little boy shoe section and let him choose. These were THE ones. I tried to talk him into navy or grey (for his dad's sake), but there was no talking him out of these. And, there was only one pair left in the back, and it was his size. So, it was meant to be. And, he LOVES them. And, truth be told, so do I! They are so fun, and so him. We'll see how long they look like this. Not long, I am sure.

Oh, and here's why I took him and stood him in front of the shoe section: the last few pairs of shoes I have purchased have been met with total refusal. I was able to get him into one pair, but he wouldn't wear the others. And, some of them didn't fit very well either. Also, he is a total "skater" shoe kid. I tried to put him in real tennis shoes (think Nike), and he hated them. He called them his falling shoes. Yes, I could have forced him to wear them, but maybe they didn't really fit, or feel right, or maybe they really did make him fall. Regardless of whether I should have picked that battle or not, I didn't. I decided to take him to a store where someone would actually measure his feet, and fit his shoes. And, where he'd have more than two choices (girls have so many more choices). And, it worked! He picked them and he loves them!!


See how much he loves them? Oh, and the spider ring he found a the park.











No comments:

Post a Comment