This week Evan attended a fun day camp at the church. It's called Hero Camp and is such a fun week of songs, games, and learning about scripture heroes. This was Evan's first year and he had a blast. He's been singing the songs every night and asking me to help (too bad I don't know all the words yet).
Here are some fun photos of the week.
 |
| Not sure what the mark is, but at least it's over Evan's head. This is the morning of the first day. I think these guys are all just waking up! |
 |
| Can you find Evan? Hint: look for his green shoes! I am finding more and more reasons to love those shoes!! |
 |
| Standing with his wonderful youth counselor, Jennifer! She was so good with Evan and all the kids in his group. |
 |
| Eating cotton candy! Since the theme was baseball, they got a baseball-related treat every day. First day was hot dogs and cracker jacks, followed by Big League Chew, cotton candy (which Evan finally liked) and licorice ropes! |
 |
| Enjoying the cotton candy with Sleater! |
 |
| Evan's pennant (or flag, as he called it). I had to take a quick photo before it was dismantled. I think the dismantling might have been a favorite part of the day! |
 |
| Chalk drawings. |
 |
| Going into the petting zoo! He could hardly wait for the gates to open and it to be his turn. |
 |
| Loving the baby goats. He first called them donkeys! So funny! |
 |
| Evan found his spot right in the corner, with three rabbits, some goats and a sheep. |
 |
| "Mom, they like me." |
 |
| "Yes, they do." Love how he just sat right down with them. |
 |
| Loving the bunnies, Black was his favorite. |
 |
| I think he would have been happy to stay there all day. |
 |
| Hanging out at rehearsal. Although he didn't always sing at rehearsal, he learned the songs and loved to sing them at home. |
 |
| After the final show this morning, everyone went to the pool and played! |
 |
| On our way out. Looking back at all the fun. |
All the baseball fun continued at the pool. They were served hot dogs, nachos, and sno-cones. I didn't do a good job of getting photos of the boys eating their sno-cones or playing in the water, but it was because we were all enjoying ourselves. Such a fun ending to a very fun week!
No comments:
Post a Comment