
After I took our shepherd's pie (yes, I did attempt a second go 'round the one that ended up left out, in the trash, and scavenged by my son) out of the oven, I forgot to turn the light off. Evan was so entertained by the light, he couldn't stay away. He did this quite a few times until I finally turned it off. But, even after the light was off, Evan kept checking to see if he could find it. It almost made me want to turn it back on.

So, the park is currently our Sunday afternoon family activity of choice. This photo captures today's fourth attempt at a slide for Evan. At first we tried to send him on his own (he's done it successfully before). The first two ended up with him flipped around backwards, head first, on his back and upset. The shoes were the main cause of that. So, we tried without shoes, and his hands got in the way, so he ended up head first again. And, not happy. Can some slides have sharper turns than others?? 'Cause I think these did. We didn't want him to be traumatized by slides before he even had the chance to really enjoy them (i.e, climbing up them barefoot, climbing on top of them, making trains, etc.), so I somehow fit through the tiny opening - I swear they weren't that small when I was younger - and took him down the slide. That almost ended up with me on top of a young boy who was trying to climb up. Evan didn't love it, but he didn't hate it. And, apparently I was taking too long getting off the slide because the little boy stood there, looked at me, and said "Ma'am can you please get off?" waited half a second and then kindly asked me to move. I guess I should be grateful he was polite about it, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment